Free School Meals
At Kingswood we try to encourage all families entitled to Free School Meals to take up their entitlement. This is for three reasons:
- If a student is entitled, it is clearly in the family's interest. Free School Meals are worth £2.25 per day, or £427.50 per child per year.
- We operate a cashless catering system that enables children to have their account credited without any other student knowing.
- As a school we are concerned that all children who are entitled to Free School Meals should be receiving them.
If you receive any of the following benefits then your child will be entitled:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, with no element of Working Tax Credit, and a household income below £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
With effect from 1 June 2016, the Free School Meals Service will be provided by Learning, Skills and Education. Please note that there are some changes to the way Free School Meals are now processed.
From 30 June 2016 parents/carers will no longer be able to apply for Free School Meals via the following routes - text or paper. Free School Meals will only accept online applications.
NCC Information Sheet:
To view the website for Free School Meals please follow the link below:
Application Form link:
If you have a query regarding Free School Meals, please call Northamptonshire County Council's Customer Service Centre on 0300 126 1000.