Year 6 Transition Days on Thursday 6 and Friday 7 July 2017
- Year 6 students should not go to their Junior School, but come straight to the Kingswood Secondary Academy in Gainsborough Road on the Transition Days on Thursday 6 and Friday 7 July 2017. Your child should arrive in his/her Junior School uniform and bring writing equipment.
- Students should try to arrive at the Academy at approximately 8.30am when they will be greeted in the Reception area by members of staff. The Academy day starts at 8.40am when they will assemble in the Main Hall
- All students should use the student entrances at the front of the Academy. Our Health and Safety policy states that students are asked not to use the vehicle entrance. If you bring your child to school in a car, please drop him/her off away from the restricted road area at the front of the Academy.
- You will need to provide a packed lunch and drink (there are water fountains around the Academy) for your child on both days, unless they are entitled to receive free school meals. If your child is entitled to a free school meal, please notify Sue Johnson, Senior Administrator, at the Academy on 01536 741857, and the necessary arrangements will be made with the kitchen for the Transition Days and September. Please note that there will be no facility for your child to purchase food on either day.
- Arrangements will be made for those students who have notified the Academy that they wish to use Academy transport in September. If required, your child should wait at the nearest pick up point (as indicated on our bus timetable) for a red Rodgers double-decker bus. There will be other Kingswood students boarding the bus at this point, and the driver will be aware that there will be additional children using the service. On both of the Transition Days the day will end at 2.45pm, when you are asked to collect your child(ren) – we will supervise any child who is waiting to catch the homeward Academy bus at 3.10pm or if there is any difficulty in you meeting your child at this earlier time. If you require more information about Academy transport please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Your child will have two breaks on both days: Break 1 from 10.20 – 10.40am and Break 2 from 12.05pm. until 12.45pm.
- No students leave the Academy site during the Academy day.
- CATS testing for your child will take place on one of the Transition Days, headphones will be provided. However, if your child prefers to use their own, they are welcome to do so.
- Please ensure that you have returned all necessary documentation to the Academy before the Transition Days - without the necessary consent your child may not be able to access our IT and cashless catering systems in September.
- If you require more information about the Transition Days please do not hesitate to contact the Academy.
Please note that both Transition Days end at 2.45pm when you are asked to collect your child(ren).
Please click on the links below to access the following forms: